jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:36:30 GMT
Hello,

I'm using JackRabbit 1.4.4 with MySql bundle. The string are very small,
I would say 10 bytes average and some strings are 30 bytes. So I'm not
sure DataStore would be of any benefit.

Is there something else that can be done to improve the saving time ?
Did anybody else have a similar issue?

Many thanks,
Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:00 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: After session.save() takes 15 minutes for 6K nodes

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM, MARTINEZ Antonio
<Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> I have an issue saving 6K inside a transaction on Jboss. I have about
> 6K Nodes in the tree with about 15 String properties each.

How long are the Strings (average and maximum)? If you have long
strings, consider using the DataStore (since Jackrabbit 1.4, see here
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore).

Are you using a bundle persistence manager? Which version of Jackrabbit
do you use?

Regards,
Alex

--