jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Karianne Berg <ke...@start.no>
Subject RE: spring-modules-jcr problem
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:00:25 GMT
Hello Adam,

I had the same problem as you have. In my experience, there is no help to get with the JCR-support
in spring-modules from the mailing list or the spring framework forum. The documentation (manual
and javadocs) gives no clues to this behaviour. I ended up using transactions because I eventually
had to do so anyway, and it worked.

Best regards,
Karianne Berg

-----Original Message-----
From: AdamR [mailto:adam.ross@runbox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:33 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: spring-modules-jcr problem

Hi there,

I'm getting the following exception when I try to access my Jackrabbit
repository via spring-modules 0.8:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No session bound to thread, and
configuration does not allow creation of non-transactional one here

org.springmodules.jcr.SessionFactoryUtils.doGetSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:74)

I do not wish to use transactions for now, so I'm passing true into
getSession() within my DAO.

My bean config is as follows:

	<bean id="jcrSessionFactory"
		class="org.springmodules.jcr.JcrSessionFactory">
		<property name="repository" ref="repository" />
		<property name="credentials">
			<bean class="javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials">
				<constructor-arg index="0" value="bogus" />
				<constructor-arg index="1">
					<bean factory-bean="password"
						factory-method="toCharArray" />
				</constructor-arg>
			</bean>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="password" class="java.lang.String">
		<constructor-arg index="0" value="pass" />
	</bean>

  	<bean id="jcrTemplate" class="org.springmodules.jcr.JcrTemplate">
    	<property name="sessionFactory" ref="jcrSessionFactory"/>
    	<property name="allowCreate" value="true"/>
	</bean>

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Adam