jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre Leman" <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject Unit testing of a custom SPI implementation
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 10:14:22 GMT
Hi,

As I'm currently working on writing a custom SPI implementation, I was
wondering on the best way to do unit testing in order to test if my
implementation do what it's figured to do.
I saw that some unit tests are already written in the jcr2spi package, the
package which allow to bootstrap the SPI implementation, but that the
JackRabbit implementation also provide general purpose unit tests in the
jcr-tests package.
As the jcr2spi's aim is to provide a JCR API to a content application while
a part of the 'backoffice' have to be handled manually implementing the SPI
interfaces, I was thinking of running tests at two levels :
- Firstly internally by running the jcr2spi package unit tests (in the same
time content application and SPI implementation's point of view ?)
- Secondly externally by running the jcr-tests package unit tests (content
application's point of view)
Do you think I'm in the right way ?

I was considering these other ways :
- Using only the jcr2spi unit tests (maybe they are sufficient to test a SPI
implementation) ?
- Writing custom tests (possibly reusing the current and adapting it to my
needs) ?

I also have general questions on the unit tests currently implemented :
- How the JCR's compliance levels are taken into consideration in the unit
tests (in the contingency as I would be able to test a level 1 only SPI
implementation) ?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Pierre