jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre Leman" <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing a SPI Connector to an existing PostgreSQL database using JackRabbit SPI
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 13:54:18 GMT
Hi angela,

In fact what I haven't understood very well was the real JackRabbit SPI
responsibilities. In fact the only responsibilities of the SPI are to give,
like you say, for each data structure, an equivalent in term of node and
properties, allowing it to be accessed through the JSR-170 API. I thought it
has also in its responsibilities, the reading and retrieving of data from
the persistent layer for example.
Now I have a precise idea of what I have to do. I will use the existing JDBC
API of the projet for reading the metadata object from the database (in the
style of the spi2dav implementation which use the webDAV package of
JackRabbit for reading and writing from a distant webDAV repository), and in
my implementation of the SPI interfaces I will give a representation of
these data in a hierarchical way. The JCR2SPI package's method then will
enable me to instantiate my SPI implementation and I will be able to access
it like a classical JCR repository through the API. Do you think I am right
now ?

Thank you for your availability and the quality of your answers,
Pierre