jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Clustering
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 10:27:06 GMT
Sorry, did not see that you already switched to a shared lucene index config.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Colin Anderson
<colin.w.anderson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for replying. Can you give me some more detail as I'm not sure
> what you mean? We are already using the BundleFSPersistenceManager for
> the workspaces.

You need a persistence manager that supports clustering. This is
currently the case when you use a bundle db persistence manager
configured to run on a clustered database. The actual data-clustering
thus happens in the database. Jackrabbit's journal is used for
synchronizing the order of events and Jackrabbit's high-level caches.

The BundleFSPersistenceManager does not know about the clustering and
thus both nodes write to the same files at the same time, which does
not work.

Regards,
Alex

--