jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: jcr:uuid property is not created when XML is imported
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 21:24:20 GMT
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Matej Knopp <matej.knopp@gmail.com> wrote:
> So the document view export omits autocreated or propected properties?

> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
>> The document view export does not contain repository meta information
>> (like node types and mixins), so you "loose" the UUIDs here. To keep
>> UUIDs you have to use system view export.

Ups, sorry, I was wrong here. Of course all properties are exported as
attributes in document view (special case for multi-value props,
though). From the JCR 1.0 spec, section 6.4.2.1 (General Structure of
Document View):

    5. Each property P of node  becomes an XML attribute of XML element N.

If uuids are present in your original nodes, you export via document
view and import back the same (or similar) document view XML, you
should have the uuids back in the repository. Care has to be taken if
nodes are already present and collisions might occur. That's what
ImportUUIDBehaviour is all about.

Regards,
Alex

--