jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject exception on webapp restart
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 11:38:02 GMT
I get these exceptions now when I restart my webapp. It just started
the last weeks, and I'm unsure what might be causing it. One weird
thing is that I never get to see the problem in "the next exception"..

21:32:44,559 INFO  RepositoryImpl  - Starting repository...
21:32:44,682 INFO  LocalFileSystem  - LocalFileSystem initialized at
path /Users/torgeir/java/content/jcr/repository
21:32:44,844 INFO  LocalFileSystem  - LocalFileSystem initialized at
path /Users/torgeir/java/content/jcr/version
21:32:45,149 ERROR RepositoryImpl  - failed to start Repository:
Cannot instantiate persistence manager
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.DerbyPersistenceManager: Failed to
start database '/Users/torgeir/java/content/jcr/version/db', see the
next exception for details.
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Cannot instantiate persistence manager
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.DerbyPersistenceManager: Failed to
start database '/Users/torgeir/java/content/jcr/version/db', see the
next exception for details.: Failed to start database '/Users/torgeir/
java/content/jcr/version/db', see the next exception for details.
	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1163)
	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager(RepositoryImpl.java:383)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:
293)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:
550)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository
$1.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:186)
	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:265)
	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:333)
	at
org
.apache
.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:363)
[...]
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database '/Users/
torgeir/java/content/jcr/version/db', see the next exception for
details.
	at
org
.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown
Source)
[...]

Any ideas where I might start looking? If I stop tomcat and start it
again, the repository starts normally.

I did try the new 64bit jvm on the mac a few weeks ago, but I assume
derby is 64bit safe so this shouldn't be a problem.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com