jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject RE: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 18:45:42 GMT
I guess I can submit a feature request on JIRA to have SPI support nodetype

In any case, I took a quick a look at references to the custom_nodetypes.xml
and I found that the class
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry will load a file
custom_nodetypes.xml I suppose if it finds in its path?

This of course all done on the server side. I don't need to anything on the
client side?

** julio

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:00 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)

hi julio

Julio Castillo wrote:
> I did see excerpts of code in the various threads, but they are all
> accomplished programmatically. I don't have code in the server side as
> my emphasis is to use the remote client using the spi webdav interface
> and using the default Webdav servlets.
> Is there a way to have the jackrabbit war file load the custom nodes
> from a config file?

basically custom nodetypes are read from the custom_nodetypes.xml which part
of structure you can find with your JR installation.

but you could only modify that manually which is not recommended i guess...
a part from that, there is up to now no other configuration mechanism.

JSR 283 defines nodetype registration... so sooner or later this will
probably be part of the SPI as well.

View raw message