jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject RE: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 18:45:42 GMT
Angela,
I guess I can submit a feature request on JIRA to have SPI support nodetype
registration?

In any case, I took a quick a look at references to the custom_nodetypes.xml
and I found that the class
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry will load a file
custom_nodetypes.xml I suppose if it finds in its path?

This of course all done on the server side. I don't need to anything on the
client side?

Thanks

** julio

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:00 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)

hi julio

Julio Castillo wrote:
> I did see excerpts of code in the various threads, but they are all
> accomplished programmatically. I don't have code in the server side as
> my emphasis is to use the remote client using the spi webdav interface
> and using the default Webdav servlets.
> Is there a way to have the jackrabbit war file load the custom nodes
> from a config file?

basically custom nodetypes are read from the custom_nodetypes.xml which part
of structure you can find with your JR installation.

but you could only modify that manually which is not recommended i guess...
a part from that, there is up to now no other configuration mechanism.

outlook:
JSR 283 defines nodetype registration... so sooner or later this will
probably be part of the SPI as well.

angela