jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject Can't get an excerpt when using JCR Webdav I/F
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 21:59:12 GMT
I have a client accessing a server running jackrabbit.

I access the client via a custom client using the JCR 2 SPI interfaces.

I have been successful at storing, retrieving, searching documents.

I have not been able to get excerpts from the documents returned. I modeled
my logic after the search.jsp that ships with the jackrabbit war file.

Below is an excerpt (no pun intended) of my code.

    while (rowIt.hasNext()) {
	row = rowIt.nextRow();
	fileNode =
(Node)session.getItem(row.getValue("jcr:path").getString());
	rsrcNode = fileNode.getNode("jcr:content");
	if (rsrcNode.hasProperty("jcr:data"))
	    fileSize = rsrcNode.getProperty("jcr:data").getLength();
	lastModified = rsrcNode.getProperty("jcr:lastModified").getDate();
	System.out.println (
		"File:"+ fileNode.getName() + "  [" + fileSize + "] " +
		lastModified.getTime());

System.out.println(row.getValue("rep:excerpt(jcr:content)").getString());
    }

While attempting to execute last getValue call I get the following error:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: ':' not allowed in name

If I just use getValue("rep:excerpt()") I get an xml output that provides no

I think this is just different behavior between running this within
jackrabbit and remotely via JCR/SPI.

Any ideas?

Julio Castillo
Edgenuity Inc.