jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Running Repository completely off of a RDBMS
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 11:55:08 GMT
Hi,

>  1. What configurations in my repository.xml are still
>  keeping stuff on my local file system.

The SearchIndex doesn't currently support databases. That means you
need to disable the search index.

>  2. When I try to use a DataStore with a
>  BundleDbPersistenceManager instead of just using
>  SimpleDbPersistenceManager, I get an error which says
>  that the repository has been locked by another
>  application.

Sometimes I get this problem as well when running tests with maven.
Most likely the repository was still running when you tried to
re-connect. The DataStore and the BundleDbPersistenceManager don't use
the repository lock. Could please make sure the repository is really
stopped before starting it again (using the Task Manager in Windows,
or ps -ef | grep java if not).

By the way, the database URL is a bit strange. I don't think if this
is the problem, but instead of
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;;DatabaseName=MyDB;SelectMethod=Cursor;
try
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=MyDB;SelectMethod=Cursor

Regards,
Thomas