jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: AW: Removing content
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 14:52:29 GMT
Hi,

I have updated the wiki page, maybe this is the problem:

"Objects in the data store are only removed when they are not
reachable (that means, objects referenced in the cache or in memory
are not collected)"

To clean the cache, you probably have to close the repository (logout
all sessions) and then log in again. To un-reference objects in memory
you can try calling System.gc() (but this will not always work).

Why do you need to delete the files quickly?

>  I am using a MemoryDatastore

Sounds interesting... Did you write it? Did you consider donating it
to Jackrabbit? You don't have to, but probably it would be interesting
for others as well.

Regards,
Thomas