jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: session.save() takes too long
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 15:56:15 GMT
hi thiago

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Thiago Monteiro <tsmonteiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Stefan,
>
> thanks for the quick reply. As for your questions:
>
> "what db are you targeting?"
>
> I am currently targeting MySQL, but the application must support other DBs,
> this is the reason the repository configuration is geared toward a more
> general approach.
>
> "how much memory have you allocated for the jvm?"
>
> Currently, a max of 1024mb is allocated for the jvm. I have tried to ensure
> that only the added nodes are in memory during the session.save() through
> cleaning the list of nodes after every call (and, thus, the end of the
> batch), but i don't really believe this has any impact, since no further
> changes are made and tehrefore registered as pending in the Session.
>
> are large binaries involved?
>
> No binaries are involved. The largest data for a single property is a 255
> chars string, but even that is hard to come by.
>
> The repository configuration is given below

the configuration seems to incomplete (e.g. missing PersistenceManager
config). seems to be a mailer issue, i am not sure.

your test case seems to be trivial as far as i can tell. your save calls should
take seconds rather than minutes.

could you please test with jackrabbit's current default config
(embedded derby bundle pm) and report the results? this would help to
identify the bottleneck.

could you post your test code as well, ideally a simple complete test case?

thanks
stefan