jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: jcr:uuid property is not created when XML is imported
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 12:00:33 GMT
hi

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Joshna Reddy <joshna138@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hii
>
> I have exported a node structure using exportDocumentView(....)  and written
> it a file.
>
> In the exported xml document jcr:mixintypes property is not present  i.e
> mixin types of the node are not exported

that's a known limitation of the document view xml mapping.
multi-valued properties, incl. jcr:mixinTypes, are omitted on document
view export. see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-325 for a
discussion of multi-valued property representation in the document view
xml mapping.

please see also section 6.4.2.5 in the JSR 170 spec.

please note that the document view xml mapping is per definition 'lossy'
and not guaruanteed to roundtrip properly. if you need xml roundtripping
you should use system view export instead.

cheers
stefan