jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Register custom nodes using jcr2spi (spi2dav)
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 12:56:18 GMT
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Julio Castillo <jcastillo@edgenuity.com> wrote:
> Angela,
> I guess I can submit a feature request on JIRA to have SPI support nodetype
> registration?
>
> In any case, I took a quick a look at references to the custom_nodetypes.xml
> and I found that the class
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry will load a file
> custom_nodetypes.xml I suppose if it finds in its path?
>
> This of course all done on the server side. I don't need to anything on the
> client side?

a word of caution:

custom_nodetypes.xml is *not* meant to be user-manipulated. it contains
jackrabbit's internal persistent representation of the registered custom
node type definitions. by manually editing this file you *do* risk
data loss/corruption.

BTW, i seem to be repeating myself ;), see e.g.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/4337/focus=4338
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/2374/focus=2418
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/536/focus=539
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/659/focus=664

i'd chosen the xml format when jackrabbit (i.e. its former
incarnation) was still
in its infancy. now i think it was a mistake. i should have chosen a non-human
readable format instead in order to not raise any false expectations ;).

cheers
stefan