jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jack Rabbit support for sybase
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:27:56 GMT
On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Pulla Venkat <pcsri1956@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Jack Rabbit seems to be lacking in sybase support. I didn't find much useful
>  information as how to proceed with sybase.
>
>  This issue has been reported before in user group and open issues area in
>  jackrabbit. Will this get resolved soon ?.

no, i don't think so. unless somebody takes the plunge and contributes
his work... ;)

>  We desparately need to support sybase for jackrabbit for our application.
>
>  we are having issues in writing our own implementation of persistence
>  manager for sybase.

what issues?

>  Any useful pointers are welcome.

start here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1320

take a look at the existing implementations in the
o.a.j.c.persistence.bundle package.

configure e.g. BundleDbPersistenceManager to use the ddl files
attached to the above issue,

debug any issues you'll run into, create a specialized subclass
of BundleDbPersistenceManager and address the issues in
method overrides

cheers
stefan