jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Use of diferent or same schemaObjectPrefixes
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 08:14:50 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:56 AM, amsmota <amsmota@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I notice that if I have different schemaObjectPrefix for
>
>  A) Repository/FileSystem -> 1 table
>  B) Repository/Workspace/FileSystem -> 1 table
>  C) Repository/Workspace/PersistenceManager -> 4 tables
>  D) Repository/Versioning/FileSystem -> 1 table
>  E) Repository/Versioning/PersistenceManager -> 4 tables
>
>  A, B, D -> *fsentry
>  C, E -> *binval, *node, *prop, *refs
>
>  I end up with 11 tables. If I use a common schemaObjectPrefix (or if I use
>  the schemaObjectPrefix  to configure my schema, see
>  http://www.nabble.com/Using-diferent-database-schemas-td16993168.html here )
>  I only get 5 tables.
>
>  Now what I want top know is what was the rationale behind the implementation
>  of this (optionally) different schemaObjectPrefix's. Is just a question of
>  housekeeping, to properly identify the different types of repository, to
>  prevent the tables getting to big? Or is there a more "profound" reason?

every DatabaseFileSystem and DatabasePersistenceManager instance that uses
a shared db absolutely *needs* to specify a unique schemaObjectPrefix value.
failing to do so will most probably lead to data corruption.

an example:

api-level locks are currently persisted in the workspace FileSystem. multiple
wokspaces using identical schemaObjectPefix values could therefore potentially
overwrite/corrupt each others locks files.

cheers
stefan