jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject Event Listeners?
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 12:51:10 GMT
I'm again having some trouble with EventListeners.

I have a singleton instance holding information retrieved from many
files in the repository and I have an EventListener made to watch the
files for any changes to those files.

When a file is changed, the event listener gets an instance of the
singleton and reloads the information in that file.

I was told by someone in this forum a little while back that the
EventListeners keep listening as long as the session is still active.

This doesn't seem to make sense unless I just need to hold a reference
to a session and never close it in order to get the Listener to work
correctly???

Is there any way to register an EventListener for the life of the
repository, for a single workspace, or anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Brett