jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject EventListener
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 15:16:42 GMT
Ok, apparently I don't have a great understanding of how the
EventListeners work.

I'm trying to register an event listener that will fire any time a
certain file is changed.

Unfortunately, when I'm checking in my test case for the event listener,
the method ObservationManager.getRegisteredEventListeners() is throwing
a null pointer.

java.lang.NullPointerException

    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientObservationManager.getRegisteredE
ventListeners(ClientObservationManager.java:105)

Does anyone know why this is?

Also, when I register an EventListener, does it register the event for
the Session, over the entire workspace, or what?

Thanks in advance,

Brett