jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Using an sql query and ORDER BY
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 14:17:07 GMT
Yeah, I ended up realizing that and I'm currently using a path property
that we had on our custom node type to order the nodes.  I just figured
ordering the nodes by name or path would be a common occurrence and
that's what I was trying to do.
Thanks

Conoly, Brett wrote:
> My biggest question is, can you override properties like this to force
> it to be orderable?

you can order nodes by any property. you don't have to configure it
somewhere.

because JCR also knows residual property definitions, you can even
create a
statement that orders by a property that does not (currently) exist.
doing so
will simply return the nodes in arbitrary order.

> And if not, will that mix:orderable work to allow me
> to order it by the name or path?

no, name and path cannot be used in an order by. only real properties
will work.

regards
  marcel