jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Version.revert()
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 14:16:18 GMT

That may explain our problem because we are using jboss to manage the
connections and I was told that they are purely transactional.  I would
like to avoid using a Database Persistence manager but while looking
through the API I saw an Object Persistence Manager.  Do you happen to
know if it is non-transactional also?  And I'll be glad to submit this
as a jira issue but I have never done so before, can you point me to a
place where I can get started with it?
Thanks again,
Brett

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Conoly, Brett
<Brett.Conoly@digitalinsight.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry for another submit but can anyone see anything wrong with
our
>  configuration?  We are really stuck on this and it is imperative that
we
>  get this solved.

i would suggest that you use BundleDbPersistenceManager instead of
BundleFSPersistenceManager since the latter is non-transactional which
might lead to data corruption. i further noticed that there's a
<Security>
tag missing in your config.

but none of above does explain the problems your experiencing.

i ran your test case against jackrabbit trunk using your configuration.
everything worked as expected. here's my console output:

BEFORE **********************
/TestFolder/TestFile
FILE TEXT CONTENT
*****************************
AFTER SAVE*******************
/TestFolder/TestFile
FILE TEXT CONTENT
Mon May 05 15:02:45 CEST 2008
*****************************
AFTER CHECKIN****************
/TestFolder/TestFile
FILE TEXT CONTENT
Mon May 05 15:02:45 CEST 2008
*****************************

please note that your test case was not complete,
the creation of the nt:file node is missing.

what jackrabbit version are you using?

please create a jira issue, provide all relevant information and include
a complete test case. i'll then give it another try to reproduce the
issue.

cheers
stefan

>  Thanks in advance,
>  Brett
>

>  Currently we aren't using a data store, we're just using a simple
>  BundleFsPersistenceManager.  And we are not using spring modules in
our
>  application.  Here is our configuration for our repository.
>  <Repository>
>     <FileSystem
>  class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>
>         <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>
>
>     </FileSystem>
>         <AccessManager
>  class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
>         </AccessManager>
>         <LoginModule
>  class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">
>            <param name="anonymousId" value="anonymous"/>
>         </LoginModule>
>     </Security>
>     <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
>  defaultWorkspace="webcenter"/>
>     <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
>         <FileSystem
>  class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>             <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
>         </FileSystem>
>         <PersistenceManager

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistence