jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Version.revert()
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 12:28:05 GMT
Sorry for the double post, I just realized that it was really hard to
read the first post so I sent it out again.

Hmmm, we did find out that most of the problems that I sent you earlier
were not actually the cause of the problem, here's a better
explination...

We were checking our versions and going through some test cases on an
nt:file and we noticed that every time that we used Node.checkin() it
ended up removing the content.

We can run through and change the jcr:content -> jcr:data property as
many times as we want on a checked-out node and viewing it through
webdav or any other means we always have the updated content.

The problem we're having is that when we use the Node.checkin() it seems
to remove the content completely.  We don't get any
PathNotFoundExceptions or anything like that, the jcr:content ->
jcr:data property is just empty.  This is the same for webdav also.

The way we are picturing it, every nt:file has a base version.  Whether
this base version is checked out or checked in we were thinking that
retrieving it through the session.getItem(path) or root.getNode(relPath)
would give us a normal nt:file in which we could get the jcr:content ->
jcr:data property.
Unfortunately, this is not the case as stated earlier.

If a Node is checked-in do we have to get the frozen node of that
version and then get the content through there?  And if so, why doesn't
the webdav servlet do that?

Thanks again for your help.