jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sonu Vijay <son...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running Repository completely off of a RDBMS
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 05:12:19 GMT
Stefan and Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Using a DataStore with a BundleDbPersistenceManager
has been consistently giving me that repository
locking error. As I mentioned in my last email, I'm
using Drools which internally uses JackRabbit. So I
found out that Drools is using JackRabbit 1.3 and
JackRabbit wiki mentions that to use DataStore you
must use 1.4.

So I tried to use just the BundleDbPersistencManager (
without the DataStore ), cause the wiki FAQ indicates
that BundleManager might still be faster than
SimpleDbPersistenceManager. But the locking issue
still occurs.

Anyways, since I'm still using 1.3, I'm gonna stick to
SimpleDbPersistenceManager.

About the stuff that was being stored in my local file
system, I found that those indexes  are created if
they don't exist, when the repository starts. So
that'll work fine for me, I won't have to copy those
indexes  over from one environment to another.

Thanks again for your help.
Sonu

--- Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@day.com>
wrote:

> hi sonu
>
> you have to specify the "configRootPath" attribute
> of the
> <wokspaces/> element. you can find more information
> here:
> http://markmail.org/message/kewjulasgtys3uzo
>
> cheers
> stefan
>

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Sonu Vijay
> <sonupv@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> >  I'm a newbie and I came to Jackrabbit via JBoss
> Rules.
> >
> >  I need to run my repository completely off of a
> RDBMS.
> >  I can't have anything stored on the local file
> >  system.I'm able to make this work partially but
> still
> >  some stuff is being stored in local file system.
> If I
> >  delete the local repository folder, my
> application
> >  stops working.
> >
> >  I'm trying to understand the Jackrabbit
> configuration
> >  properties and would appreciate some help. I'm
> >  including my repository.xml below. I have
> following
> >  questions.
> >
> >  1. What configurations in my repository.xml are
> still
> >  keeping stuff on my local file system.
> >
> >  2. When I try to use a DataStore with a
> >  BundleDbPersistenceManager instead of just using
> >  SimpleDbPersistenceManager, I get an error which
> says
> >  that the repository has been locked by another
> >  application. I'm running against MS SQL Server.
> Has
> >  anybody faced this issue ? This issue doesn't
> happen
> >  with SimpleDBPersistanceManager.
> >

> >  Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> >  Sonu
> >
> >  ----------Repository.xml---------------
> >  <Repository>
> >     <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
> >
> >         <AccessManager

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">

> >         </AccessManager>
> >
> >         <LoginModule

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">

> >            <param name="anonymousId"
> >  value="anonymous"/>
> >
> >         </LoginModule>
> >     </Security>
> >     <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
> >  defaultWorkspace="MyRepo"/>
> >     <Workspace name="MyRepo">
> >
> >         <FileSystem

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
> >                        <param name="driver"

value="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"/>
> >                                <param name="url"

value="jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;;DatabaseName=MyDB;SelectMethod=Cursor;"/>
> >                                <param
> name="schema" value="mssql"/>
> >                                <param name="user"
> value="duser"/>
> >                                <param
> name="password"
> >  value="dsadmin"/>
> >                        <param
> name="schemaObjectPrefix"
> >  value="${wsp.name}_FS_"/>
> >            </FileSystem>
> >

> >          <PersistenceManager

class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">