jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List of dependencies with licenses available?
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 08:47:11 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 30.05.2008, 10:22 +0200 schrieb Jeremias Maerki:
>> I'm looking for a list of dependencies for Jackrabbit including their
>> licenses. Can anyone give me a pointer?
>
> The non-Apache licensed dependencies should be listed in the NOTICE file
> along with references to their respective license.

We don't do that for example for jackrabbit-core as we don't
distribute the dependencies along with jackrabbit-core releases.
However, we should do that for things like jackrabbit-webapp and
jackrabbit-jca, but now that I checked I realized we aren't doing
that. I'll file an issue to fix that.

> All dependencies should be available from the POM file -- running
> the maven dependency report (the project-info-reports:dependencies
> goal might be your friend).

Here's a summary of external (non-Jackrabbit) dependencies bundled
with jackrabbit-webapp:

Apache License, version 2.0
    commons-collections 3.1
    commons-io 1.4
    commons-logging 1.1
    commons-httpclient 3.0
    commons-codec 1.2
    derby 10.2.1.6
    log4j 1.2.13
    lucene-core 2.2.0
    poi 3.0.2-FINAL
    poi-scratchpad 3.0.2-FINAL
    xercesImpl 2.8.1
    xml-apis 1.3.03

Concurrent (public domain / Sun)
    concurrent 1.3.4

PDFBox (BSD)
    pdfbox 0.6.4

CyberNeko (Apache 1.1)
    nekohtml 0.9.4

SLF4J (MIT)
    jcl104-over-slf4j 1.3.0
    slf4j-api 1.3.0
    slf4j-log4j12 1.3.0

Hmm, there's a duplicate commons-logging dependency (we should use
only jcl104-over-slf4j), I'll file an issue for that as well.

> Maybe we should add the ouput of this report to the Jackrabbit site --
> if it ain't there and my eyes are too week today ?

Good idea, let's do that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting