jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Jackrabbit support right-to-left languages such as Hebrew?
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 08:06:39 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Smart Pigeon <zwu_ca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could  you be kindly to tell me how to do this kind configuration? Can we
> have both left-to-right and right-to-left language docs in the same
> repository

Yes, that should be no problem.

> and if so, can we formulate quries that can do the searches such
> as a phrase in either language?

That's a bit trickier as Jackrabbit only uses a single Lucene Analyzer
for a workspace. You should be fine if you don't mind using something
like the StandardAnalyzer for all your content. The drawback is that
the index won't then deal as well with non-English synonyms, stop
words, plurals, etc.

It might be possible, though probably quite tricky, to make the
Analyzer configurable per node (or subtree), so you may want to file a
feature request for that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting