jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Wrong userId in the session when using several Principals
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 09:15:50 GMT

> When looking at the source code of the constructor of
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl, I found this comment:
> “use 1st principal in case there are more that one”.
> So I don’t know if it is a bug, but it looks for me that instead, when
> several principals exists

you are using a released jackrabbit version, aren't you?

i run into that problem as well, while working on the jsr 283
access control functionality and i modified the code that
retrieves the userID... the current solution in the trunk
is still not optimal but this is on my todo list.

in any case retrieving the userID from the principals should
either be a fallback only and should - if used at all - at least
try to retrieve the principal-name that is reasonable to
reflect the userID.

angela