jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Hugonnet <ehsavoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Removing content
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 15:02:07 GMT
Thomas Müller a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have updated the wiki page, maybe this is the problem:
>
> "Objects in the data store are only removed when they are not
> reachable (that means, objects referenced in the cache or in memory
> are not collected)"
>
> To clean the cache, you probably have to close the repository (logout
> all sessions) and then log in again. To un-reference objects in memory
> you can try calling System.gc() (but this will not always work).
>
> Why do you need to delete the files quickly?
>

>>  I am using a MemoryDatastore
>>

> Sounds interesting... Did you write it? Did you consider donating it
> to Jackrabbit? You don't have to, but probably it would be interesting
> for others as well.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
>

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM, ehsavoie <ehsavoie73@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  It doesn't seem to work :((
>>  Here is my code
>>

>>  session = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials(
>>           attachment.getWorkerId(), new char[0]));
>>       Node rootNode = session.getRootNode();
>>       Node fileNode = rootNode.getNode(attachment.getJcrPath(language));
>>       Node contentNode = fileNode.getNode(JcrConstants.JCR_CONTENT);
>>       contentNode.remove();
>>       fileNode.remove();
>>       session.save();
>>       GarbageCollector gc = ((org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl)
>>  session)
>>           .createDataStoreGarbageCollector();
>>       if (gc != null && gc.getDataStore() != null) {
>>         gc.scan();
>>         gc.stopScan();
>>         gc.deleteUnused();
>>       }
>>
>>  What am I missing ?
>>
>>  (the test on the gc is done because I am using a MemoryDatastore for my
>>  JUnit tests)
>>

>>  KÖLL Claus wrote:
>>  >
>>  > hi if you are using the datastore
>>  > you must start the garbage collector
>>  >
>>  > @see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore
>>  >
>>  > BR,
>>  > claus
>>  >

I want to have online edition of OpenOffice document using Webdav.
I have two version of the same document : the in progress visible to the
edting user, and the stable version which can be seen by the others.
Currently the file is stored on the filesystem, so when a user wants to
use it, I move it to jakrabbit and provide a webdav link to the file.
When the user wants to share his modifications, I overwrite the file on
the filesystem and delete my node.
I think I will have the same duplication issue when I move completly to
Jackrabbit since I will have my working document and my shared document
even when no work is in progress.
Emmanuel