jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: EventListener
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 10:14:37 GMT
Hi,

Conoly, Brett wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I'm checking in my test case for the event listener,
> the method ObservationManager.getRegisteredEventListeners() is throwing
> a null pointer.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientObservationManager.getRegisteredE
> ventListeners(ClientObservationManager.java:105)
>
> Does anyone know why this is?

this might be a bug in the jackrabbit-rmi module. does it also happen when you
run the code directly on jackrabbit-core without using RMI?

> Also, when I register an EventListener, does it register the event for
> the Session, over the entire workspace, or what?

the event listener is bound to the life cycle of the session that registered the
listener. if you logout the session the listener will not get events anymore.

the exact scope depends on the filter you specify when registering the event
listener [1], but is limited to the workspace the session is logged in.

regards
  marcel

[1]
http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/observation/ObservationManager.html#addEventListener(javax.jcr.observation.EventListener,%20int,%20java.lang.String,%20boolean,%20java.lang.String[],%20java.lang.String[],%20boolean)