jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Esposito" <...@txcore.com>
Subject Re: undo deletion of a node (re-post)
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:22:36 GMT
Thanks very much for the feedback.

Hi Jukka - the system view export does include jcr:baseVersion.  However,
when I stepped through the import code the very last thing it does is set
jcr:baseVersion to rootVersion at which point the old value for baseVersion
is lost.  It seems like that could actually be the desired behavior so I
wanted to discuss before filing a bug.  I was thinking if you wanted to
export and then import into a new workspace, you'd probably want to have
jcr:baseVersion set back to rootVersion so your next check in results in a
new branch.  What do you think?

Assuming it's a bug, having importXML set jcr:baseVersion back to whatever
it was when it was exported would probably work well for this particular
undo/redo problem we're having.  I'm just concerned that it would change the
current expected behavior of export/import.

thanks,
rob