jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM mapping to nt:file
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 09:55:09 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Vpupkin <gennady@maas.de> wrote:

> Hello again,
> Thank's for your answers, now it is mostly clear for me.
> CND :  You say -"" CND : not yet supported.  ..."".  Does it means i can
> generate java-classes from XML-structure with OCM-compatible annotations?
> Have u link to impl/doc/example?

Right now, this tools generates node types from an OCM xml mapping file.
This is not yet possible to do that from the annotations. Yet another tools
to write ... :-)

> RMI - Webdav :  in my case i have already geterogen-enviroment (for
> ex.different JVM-version). Additionally in the nearest future i want to use
> it not only for java, but for JS, .NET. So WebDav as independent protocol
> looks much more flexible.

I advise to review Sling which is more appropriate for that kind of uses
cases.
See on http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/index.html.

> Update/modification in the content model : "removing properties"?  Is it
> helps when i have already stored into REPO data, and then i want to change
> "a bit" the TypeDefinition ...
> ...for ex. in your example resource i want to add 1 field and rename 2nd .
> Currently we export context of old repo and convert it by XSLT into new
> structure, then store into repo back. But it is look not fine-grained as
> for
> me.

Yep, for me, this not  clear  how we can manage the different situations.  I
have to  think about  that  in more details.

> BTW: I just found the project  http://code.google.com/p/jcrom/ JCROM .
> Is it related somehow to OCM-development? Looks pretty similar ;)

Yes.  this is another  OCM project. Jackrabbit OCM makes a full abstraction
on JCR which is not the case of JCROM. JCROM is more simple to configure but
it seems there are less features (for the moment). Fore exemple, Jackrabbit
OCM support interfaces and ancestor. It also support many Collection and Map
types. I'm not sure this is the case of JCROM. I will add a page on the
internet site with a full feature list.

Hope this help :-)