jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vidar Ramdal" <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: Limiting child node access in Jackrabbit 1.5
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 08:56:08 GMT
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> Vidar Ramdal wrote:
>>
>> Does no-one really know how to achieve this?
>> Maybe Angela Schreiber, who apparently is doing the
>> authentication/authorization work for Jackrabbit 1.5, could give me a
>> hint?

> [...]
> the jackrabbit implementation currently allows to
> edit a policy obtained through AccessControlManager.getPolicy
> and there you may add a DENY ace.

Great, that's exactly what I needed.

> but please note (think of this as a bold-red-disclaimer):
>
> as jukka already said the 283 access control is still
> being heavily refactored and consequently the complete
> security code is prone to major changes without any
> further notice. you will have to adjust your code later
> on. that's the only thing i can tell you for sure.

That's perfectly acceptable, I'm only doing a proof-of-concept right
now, and I'll keep updating from the svn repository.

Also thanks to Jukka and Paco for very valuable information.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway