jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rocco Russo" <rocco.ru...@eng.it>
Subject R: R: jackrabbit cluster
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 07:53:36 GMT
It seems that the problem is the transaction-isolation level. In fact Oracle
use for default the level READ-COMMITTED while MySql has the default level
setted to REPEATABLE-READ  that does not permit to access committed node by
other transations during the current transaction.
So with MySql all committed changes by a cluster node are not visible by the
other nodes during the synchronization process.
I changed the transaction isolation level of MySql to READ-COMMITTED and now
it works also with SimpleDbPersistencemanager.

I would understand if this problem can be solved only changing the
transaction isolation or there is a way to programmatically solve this issue
in Jackrabbit.

Any ideas?

Regards

Rocco

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Perry.yin [mailto:perry.yin@gmail.com]
Inviato: venerdì 23 maggio 2008 4.51
A: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: R: jackrabbit cluster

Hi, Rocco:
  Thanks for your information. I changed my configuration to oracle
persistencemanager, the problem resolved.
  To mysql SimpleDbPersistenceManager issue, please replace
"SimpleDbPersistencemanager" to
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager", and
try again.
  Good luck!

cheers
perry