jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From philipp_s <psalzge...@qpass.com>
Subject Re: JCRBrowser and datasource
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 09:25:28 GMT

Sandro Böhme wrote:

> philipp_s schrieb:
>> Is it possible to use the JCRBrowser with a repository.xml which
>> specifies a
>> PersistenceManager that is using a datasource?
>> <code>
>>          &lt;PersistenceManager class="..."&gt;
>>           &lt;param name="dataSourceLocation" value="someDataSource"/&gt;
>>           &lt;param name="schema" value="oracle"/&gt;
>>           &lt;param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="PREFIX_"/&gt;
>>           &lt;param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/&gt;
>>         &lt;/PersistenceManager&gt;
>> </code>
>>
>> thx
>>
>> Philipp
>
> Hello Philipp,
>
> the JCRBrowser just takes whatever you configured in the repository.xml
> and does not depend on a specific configuration.
>
> Bye,
>
> Sandro

thanks for the quick reply!

but when I try to connect to a repository that uses a datasource in the
PersistenceManager configuration, I get the following error dialog:
"It was not possible to login. Please check the credentials" with the
following details: Unable to create connection.: Unable to create
connection.

Do I need to create a datasource in Eclipse, so JCRBrowser can use it?
(how?)

When I connect to a test repository that has a different persistence manager
I can browse the repository (both have the same credentials)