jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thiago Monteiro <tsmonte...@gmail.com>
Subject session.save() takes too long
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 13:05:03 GMT

Hello everyone,

i have to convert a large set of data from an old repository (stored in a
DB) to the new one (Jackrabbit) using BundleDbPersistenceManager.

The number of nodes to be added is of about 900000, so speed here is
crucial. I'm calling session.save() every thousand nodes, but this call
alone takes about 15-20 minutes. The nodes are versionable and every node
has two chld nodes (it is a necessary structure). Also, each node has
anything between 5 and 20 properties. Finally, the overall repository
structure is built so no node has more than 4000 children.

I also tried to save less nodes in each session.save() call, but with no
success regarding better time. I'd like to avoid very large calls, so,
should anything happen during the conversion, i am able to restart from a
given point.

Any ideias on how to make it go faster?