jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martin Rohart <martinroh...@gmail.com>
Subject Wrong userId in the session when using several Principals
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 08:58:56 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem when authenticating a user with several principals, using
JAAS.
My repository use a system of users and groups to manage access.

I am using a custom LoginModule as well as a custom AccessManager.

The login module check the user credentials, then add the user as a
Principal.
Then, it determines all the groups to which the user belong, and adds these
groups as Principals as well.

The AccessManager accesses these different principals (user and optionally
groups) to resolve access to each node, with success.

But then, when trying to access the current userId from the session
(session.getUserID()), I have a random behavior, the id returned corresponds
to one of the principals, but not always the user, it often returns me one
of the group instead.

So I want to know if there is another way to access the principals (all)
from a session object.

When looking at the source code of the constructor of
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl, I found this comment:
“use 1st principal in case there are more that one”.
So I don’t know if it is a bug, but it looks for me that instead, when
several principals exists, it should try to get a principal of type
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.UserPrincipal if possible…

Thanks for your help,
Best regards
/Martin