jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pingu1611 <gareth.no...@virgin.net>
Subject Shared JNDI with Tomcat
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 22:59:58 GMT

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give. I've searched the
net for a couple of days now but with no success (even with similar messages
posted on this site).

What I'm trying to do is setup global JNDI on tomcat 5.5 for use with
jackrabbit and Magnolia CMS but either it's not working or I have lost the
plot.

A previous message on this subject said to include the resource in the
GlobalNamingResources element of server.xml along with the ResourceLink in
context.xml. This is what I have:

in server.xml

<Resource name="magnoliaAuthor"
                  auth="Container"
                  type="javax.jcr.Repository"

factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory"

configFilePath="C:/msgn-work/magnolia/magnolia-3.5.4/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/magnoliaAuthor/WEB-INF/config/default/repositories.xml"

                  repHomeDir="c:/magnoliarepo/magnolia" />

in context.xml

<ResourceLink global="magnoliaAuthorGlobal" name="magnoliaAuthor"
type="javax.jcr.Repository" />

and in web.xml

     <resource-env-ref>
         <description>Jackrabbit Repository</description>
         <resource-env-ref-name>magnoliaAuthor</resource-env-ref-name>
         <resource-env-ref-type>javax.jcr.Repository</resource-env-ref-type>
     </resource-env-ref>

Using this configuration doesn't appear to work as when I put some debugging
in my servlet the jndi context is empty.

The piece of servlet code is:

            Context initContext = new InitialContext ();
            Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup
("java:/comp/env");

            Object o = envContext.lookup ("magnoliaAuthor"); // Should this
be the global name (doesn't work either way).
            BindableRepository repo = (BindableRepository) o;

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Gareth