jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David McKitterick <david.mckitter...@gmail.com>
Subject Executing query on sub node?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 10:12:17 GMT

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to execute a query on a paricular
subnode?

For example my structure is JCR_Root/categoryX/languageX/data1/..

I know the category and language nodes, so I want to execute the query on
the set of data child nodes, but in my code it seems I can only execute the
query on the whole JCR_root e.g.

QueryManager qMgr = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
QueryResult result = qMgr.createQuery(xpathQuery, Query.XPATH ).execute();

then I need to iterate through the results to find the relevant data nodes.

Is there a better way to implement a more fine tuned search? And if so would
this be more efficient?

Thanks,
David.