jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Roman Puchkovskiy <roman.puchkovs...@blandware.com>
Subject Re: Synchronous event listener
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 08:10:55 GMT

Hi, Marcel, thanks for explanations :)

In our application there're different ways to create data nodes. When 'data
node' is created, we need to add some more records to other parts of
repository (auxiliary data). Some of those different ways used for creation
of data nodes are 'internal' (i.e. fully made by our code) - with them no
problems exist: we just create 'data node' and auxiliary data in one
transaction. But there're some 'external ways' to create data node (for
instance, through WEBDav) where we need to react on creation of node and
augment it with auxiliary nodes.

We decided that event listeners are what we need. But we need to create
'auxiliary data' for 'external modification' as soon as possible after
creation of 'data node', and we thought that sync notification will be more
convinient then async one. Maybe we're just fooled by fact that some systems
treat async notification as low-priority process which may happen in any
moment in future...

How do you think, does this make sence or async event listener will be
enough?