jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From amsmota <amsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using diferent database schemas
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 11:56:12 GMT

Ok, now I'm finishing it. Actually I did implement the "no-schema schema"
backward compatibility *iif* there is only one "user" schema in the database
(presumably the "default" schema).

Regarding the question of "ugliness" discussed above, actually this "hack"
as one big advantage, this way I can have the "workspace" tables and the
"version" tables and the "filessystem" tables in different schemas using the
schemaObjectPrefix, which can be handy for maintenance and house-keeping, by
specifing only  "schema." and no "prefix" at all:

Repository/FileSystem/param[name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="FileSystem."]

Repository/Workspace/FileSystem/param[name="schemaObjectPrefix"
value="Repository."]
Repository/Workspace/PersistenceManager/param[name="schemaObjectPrefix"
value="Repository."]

Repository/Versioning/FileSystem/param[name="schemaObjectPrefix"
value="Versions."]
Repository/Versioning/PersistenceManager/param[name="schemaObjectPrefix"
value="Versions."]

So it's not so "ugly" after all... :-)

I didn't test it thoroughly , but I'll post the code in the Jira asap if you
guys think it's usefull.

Cheers.