jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "MARTINEZ Antonio" <Antonio.Marti...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: Problem deploying Jackrabbit on Jboss when using MySql PM
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 01:15:21 GMT
Stefan, Thomas, thanks for your answers !

I understand then that I need to use NFS for the local files under /tmp/jackrabbit.
I saw possible issue in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1605

In our case, we use ZFS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS). Has anybody used it with jackrabbit?

Thanks,
Antonio Martinez

-----Original Message-----
From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stefan
Guggisberg
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:29 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem deploying Jackrabbit on Jboss when using MySql PM

hi antonio

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM, MARTINEZ Antonio <Antonio.Martinez@alcatel-lucent.com>
wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
> Thanks for the hints. I reviewed the repository.xml and this time I took the one from
1.4 distribution.
> Since I need to use it with MySql, I replaced all instances of
>  - <FileSystem ...  with <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
>  - <PersistenceManager ... with <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceM
> anager">
> as can be seen bellow.
>
> This change indeed allows jackRabbit to be deployed on Jboss.
>
> HOWEVER, it will come up ONLY if I specify the property homeDir on the
> datasource file (jcr-ds.xml). In fact, I read in
> http://yukatan.fi/2006/12/site/doc/config.html (this page is linked
> from apache.jackrabbit.com) that "A designated repository home
> directory is however always needed even if some components choose to
> not use it". Note that "homeDir"  MUST be a file system path, like
> /tmp/jackrabbit
>
> What I do not understand is:
>
>    1) Is it possible to configure jackrabbit in such a way that it does not require file
system configuration (homeDir ) ?

no, that's not possible.

>  In that case this line of the repository.xml would have to be
> replaced
>
>         <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"/>,
 by what?

>    2) In case 1) is not possible What is jackrabbit storing in the filesystem (homeDir
), and what in the MySql database? in a case like mine where I use MySqlPersistenceManager
and DbFileSystem ?

at least the repository lock file (which guards against multiple
instanciation) and the lucene index files are stored in the local file system. everything
else can be stored in the db (if configured correctly).

here are some pointers:
http://markmail.org/message/ydsirmtrjvc7u2rx
http://markmail.org/message/uequnpwaxtbf3k2u

>    3) When working in a cluster environment, how does jackrabbit deal with the  (homeDir
)? Does homeDir need to be part of the cluster?

AFAIK no.

cheers
stefan