jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Frederic BOY" <frederic....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: importXML() fails with a ConstraintViolationException
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 16:07:32 GMT
Thanks Jukka, you just saved my life here.

I would like to ask another question, which somehow is linked:
How can I speed up access to my content repository, seeing how it's
organized? (cf CND below)

I've read that a repository "in depth" allows better performances (on search
queries) than a rep in width. Is that true? Are XPATH queries faster than
SQL for example?  Is there any trick I could give a try?

Again, thanks a million.

Fred

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 27 mai 2008 16:59
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: importXML() fails with a ConstraintViolationException

Hi,

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Frederic BOY <frederic.v4x@gmail.com>
wrote:
> session.exportSystemView("/Video", videoOut, true, false);
> [...]
> session.importXML("/Video", videoIn,
>     ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING);
> [...]
> ConstraintViolationException: no matching child node definition found for
> child node {}Video.

You're trying to import the "Video" subtree under an existing "Video" node.
Try:

    session.importXML("/", videoIn,
        ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING);

Also, you might want to consider adding a "/content" top-level node
under which you'd place your "Video", "Audio", and "Template" subtrees
(and any other content you may have). This way you could backup your
entire content in a single operation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting