jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Are the node types the root of evil ?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:08:08 GMT
it depends on the use case. but in general i agree that
nt:unstructured is sufficient for most apps.
the restriction that nodetypes can't be changed (reregistered) is a
problem of jackrabbit which will be fixed soon. also the lack of
altering the nodetypes of existing node is something that is addressed
in jcr283.

stefano and david wrote some interesting articles about that:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel
http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/93/

--
regards, toby