jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Anderson" <colin.w.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Is my instance of Jackrabbit using indexes?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:46:20 GMT
Aah wait. Having looked through the source code, it would appear that
"index=NONE" has nothing to do with whether it is using indexes or
not.

Is there a way to check that it is using the indexes when it does a
search through the repository?

Colin.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Anderson [mailto:colin.w.anderson@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 April 2008 17:27
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Is my instance of Jackrabbit using indexes?

Hi,

I've been having some serious performance problems with Jackrabbit
1.4.2 and upon looking through a DEBUG log I found the following lines
describing a Lucene query:

DEBUG http-8080-1 org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl -
Executing query:
+ Root node
+ Select properties: *
  + PathQueryNode
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={} Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={}portal Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={}portal Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest=* Descendants=false Index=NONE
      + NodeTypeQueryNode:
Prop={http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}primaryType
Value={http://www.w3.org/2007/atom}Collection

The bit that concerns me are the lines that say "Index=NONE". What
does this mean exactly? Is it not using indexes to search for nodes?
Are there no indexes available for Lucene to use?

The workspace.xml has no special configuration for the <SearchIndex>
other than setting respectDocumentOrder to false.

TIA,
Colin.