jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Anderson" <colin.w.ander...@gmail.com>
Subject Is my instance of Jackrabbit using indexes?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:26:31 GMT
Hi,

I've been having some serious performance problems with Jackrabbit
1.4.2 and upon looking through a DEBUG log I found the following lines
describing a Lucene query:

DEBUG http-8080-1 org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl -
Executing query:
+ Root node
+ Select properties: *
  + PathQueryNode
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={} Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={}portal Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest={}portal Descendants=false Index=NONE
    + LocationStepQueryNode:  NodeTest=* Descendants=false Index=NONE
      + NodeTypeQueryNode:
Prop={http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}primaryType
Value={http://www.w3.org/2007/atom}Collection

The bit that concerns me are the lines that say "Index=NONE". What
does this mean exactly? Is it not using indexes to search for nodes?
Are there no indexes available for Lucene to use?

The workspace.xml has no special configuration for the <SearchIndex>
other than setting respectDocumentOrder to false.

TIA,
Colin.