jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Katia Santos" <katiasan...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing a Node after creating a version
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:12:37 GMT
Hello

I have a node with some properties, and i want to make a version of the node
with that same properties, and after making the version I want to change the
value of the the properties of  initial node.

Do i have to checkout the node, checkin the node (creating a version) and
then checkout the node again so I can change the properties?? Is this the
correct way of doing it?

something like this:

Node node;  // (has a property NAME with the value "Katia")

node.checkout();
node.checkin();
node.checkout();
node.setProperty("NAME","Mary");

I want the version to be with the name Katia and the node to be with the
name Mary.
Maybe I didnt get the version steps right...

Thanks

Katia