jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Dini <Lorenzo.D...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Migrating to DataStore - large memory usage of importxml
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:04:43 GMT
Hi,

I have 100GB stored in binaries and for me is impossible to do a system view
with binaries included.

What I do is:

Source installation:
 - export a system view excluding binaries

Destination installation:
 - setting a binary location to a fake location in the configuration
 - importing the system view (that generates 0 length files in the fake
binary location)
 - copying the real files from the source to the destination real binary
location
 - changing back the location to point the just copied files
 - if necessary, refresh the indexes

Don't know if it helps but for me it works.

Lorenzo