jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject JCR Webdav Server doesn't appear to support node.hasNode() method
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:31:33 GMT
I have a set up that uses the JCR Webdav Server from a custom remote client.
I've noticed one thing, anytime I request a node that doesn't exist the
error that comes back from the server is as follows:

[Fatal Error] :1:941: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the
matching end-tag "</HR>".
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The element type "HR" must be terminated by
the matching end-tag "</HR>".: The element type "HR" must be terminated by
the matching end-tag "</HR>".

Doesn't really make sense, but that is OK, I can handle that.

My problem:
I have a partially populated repository that at the root has a few nodes
like
/edu/....
/com/ibm/..

So, I want to create a few nodes of type nt:folder under
com/myCompany/folder1

I have no problem creating them, but since "com" already exists I end up
with com[2]/myCompany/folder1.

So, I went ahead and used the parentNode.hasNode("folderName") method.
This method returns true for the "com" portion, but when I test for the
"myCompany" folder which should return false I get the error response shown
above from the server.
The webdav request looks as follows:
PROPFIND /jackrabbit/server/default/jcr%3aroot/com/myCompany

Any ideas?

The snippet of code looks as follows:
  private Node createFolders (
		  Session session, Node parentNode, List <String> folders)
	  throws RepositoryException {
    Node folderNode = null;
    for (String folder : folders) {
	if (parentNode.hasNode(folder))
	    folderNode = parentNode.getNode(folder);
	else
	    folderNode = parentNode.addNode(folder, "nt:folder");
	parentNode = folderNode;
    }
    session.save();
    return (folderNode);