jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspace deletion
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:36:14 GMT
hi matej

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Matej Knopp <matej.knopp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  is the implementation of WorkspaceImpl#deleteWorkspace() planned any
>  time soon? Or are there any workarounds?

workspace deletion will be covered in jsr 283. however, an implementation
will be free to throw an exception (i.e. not support it).

deleting a workspace is quite a heavyweight operation since it's specified
to delete all content within it. in jackrabbit we currently lack this kind of
functionality in the PersistenceManager abstraction. while it would be
relatively easy to add that it would cause backward compatibilty headaches.

i guess you can expect full workspace deletion support in the 2.0 release.

a workaround is to do that manually. remove/rename the corresponding
workspace.xml file and the workspace won't be accessible after restart.
you'd also have to drop the workspace-related tables/files.

cheers
stefan