jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Tuning
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:41:36 GMT
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Gandhirajan Natarajan
<Gandhirajan.Natarajan@igate.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Previously we were using simpledbpersistencemanager which establishes a
>  new connection for every user who tries to access the repository.Now in

that's not correct. there's one jdbc connection per workspace.

>  our customDBpersistencemanager we have implemented connection pooling
>  using jtds driver that uses the connection from the connection pool.It
>  helped us in improving the performance drastically.

having some understanding of jackrabbit's core/internals i dare to
question this claim ;)

anyway, i guess your custom pm is aware of jackrabbit's transactional
requirements
(i.e. all write operations in the jackrabbit commit context *must* use
the same connection)?

cheers
stefan

>  Thanks a lot for your response.But do we have BundleDbPersistenceManager
>  in jackrabbit 1.0?
>

>  Thanks & Regards,
>  Gandhi Rajan.N
>  ________________________________
>
>  | iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104 1312|
>  M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
>  | 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066 India |
>  www.igate.com |

Best Companies to work for in India
>  Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and
is intended for use only by the individual
>  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
or exempt from disclosure under
the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com