jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Changing a Node after creating a version
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:44:36 GMT
Awesome, that looks like exactly what I needed.
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brosius [mailto:dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 1:18 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: Changing a Node after creating a version

The version object has access to the same properties as the base object
even if using a custom node type. When you get the properties on the
base object, you get the latest version's values. To see the values on
the various versions, do:

VersionHistory history = node.getVersionHistory();
VersionIterator iterator = history.getAllVersions();

which gives you an iterator to walk the Version object. Now the version
object doesn't actually have the properties as defined in the base
object, it just has information about the version itself (say for
instance the version name)

There is a child object of the Version object, referred to as the frozen
node, which contains all the original properties.

To get this node do

Version v = iterator.nextVersion();
Node frozenNode = v.getNode("jcr:frozenNode");

on this frozenNode you can call getProperty on all of your custom
properties.