jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: webdav caching
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:55:35 GMT

Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:50 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: webdav caching

Conoly, Brett wrote:
> [...] but it or something else is
> definitely sending headers telling the client to cache.

i don't think so.

> Does anyone know if there is a place to configure the servlet to send
> "no-cache header"

you can't configure that for it's pretty uncommon that
the server always sends a no-cache header... normally
you want the client to be able to cache things as long
as they haven't changed.

if you want the servlet to ALWAYS send a no-cache header
you have to overwrite the webdav-servlet and make sure
the WebdavResponseImpl constructor is build with the
'noCache'=true -> always send a no-cache header.

> Thanks for the response

welcome
angela